About One-Piece Toilets
One-piece toilets, also known as single-piece toilets, consisting of a bowl, tank, and other parts fused as one unit without any joints. They give a modern look and feel to your bathroom. PlumbersStock has a vast selection of discount toilets from which to choose. Read on for information about how to select the best one-piece toilet, or shop around and compare features and prices on all the best brands.
One convenient thing about one-piece units is you don't have to haggle with buying the toilet tank and the toilet bowls separately. No matter what configuration you choose, we carry the best brands, including TOTO, American Standard, Sloan, and the list goes on.
Finding the Best One-Piece Toilet
Here we offer plenty of information so you can be better informed before making a final purchase decision. A one-piece toilet has pros and cons, and weighing them is imperative. Purchasing the entire unit as a whole is convenient for many reasons. One primary concern is that if the porcelain cracks, the complete unit must be replaced. One-piece toilets have long been a trendy selection for several reasons, such as:
- Smaller size - consumers typically buy a one-piece round toilet when they face space constraints in smaller bathrooms. We also recommend these units for children’s bathrooms.
- Ease of cleaning - The design has been praised for how much longer the units can go without intensive cleaning. It does not have as many creases as the two-piece toilet, and there is no significant gap between the toilet bowl and the toilet tank. It does not collect dirt, dust, and grime in as many places. The one-piece toilet design simplifies the product to wipe, clean, and maintain.
- Durability - constructed from a single piece of porcelain, they are made for durability. The inner workings of a one-piece toilet, such as the pipe elements and tanks, aren’t exposed to moisture and, therefore, can last longer.
- Price – depending on how you look at it, typically, a one-piece unit is more affordable than the alternative. If you don’t plan on staying in your place long, a one-piece is a cheaper investment and requires less maintenance. However, if the tank cracks, you have to replace the whole thing, which makes it more expensive in the long run.
- Ease of Installation - The inner workings of a one-piece unit will be the same as a two-piece. They function identically. Installing a one-piece is a much less complicated task. It typically comes with all the necessary pieces, and you don’t have to worry about installing the bowl and tank separately. Remember to get wax rings and bolts for the install. You may need to consider your bathroom space or a hand with the installation as it is bulky and heavyweight. It may be hard to move, but it doesn't need to be assembled!
Toilets come in different colors to match your bathroom style so you can achieve the look and feel you've always wanted.
- White - toilets usually come in a standard white finish, which some seem to think makes smaller rooms appear larger. It creates an open, airy feeling. Different shades include cotton white, colonial white, Sedona beige, biscuit/linen, bone, almond, and more.
- Ebony - this is a dark, black finish that gives a bold and mysterious touch to your bathroom.
Sizes and Shapes
Other than looks, you will also need to consider your bathroom's shape and size. Will it fit just right into your space? For a perfect fit, measure the rough-in size. The standard rough-in size is 12 inches. There are also 10 or 14 inches. The toilet comes in two shapes: round and elongated (oval). Round bowls have a more compact design and are perfect for smaller bathrooms and powder rooms, while elongated bowls extend out further with extra space for added comfort.
You might find yourself asking, How much water does it use? And How thoroughly does it flush? Ingenious technology now provides you with the flushing volume you need while conserving water. Most of the one-piece toilets we offer are water-saving toilets, which use between 0.6 and 1.6 gallons per flush.
ADA-compliant and Comfort Height Toilets
Since the one-piece system is the newer technology, most of them are up to date with ADA guidelines (Americans with Disabilities Act). We offer these life-changing toilets with raised toilet seats, tool-free removable arms, added height, and more expansive space - making life easier and more comfortable!
Other Features to Consider
TOTO leads the way when it comes to electronic bidet seats. Take into consideration the GPF or gallons per flush. Save money and the environment by being mindful of that feature. For the fashion-forward types, we offer sleek-looking ebony toilets manufactured by TOTO that are sure to distinguish your bathroom from a design perspective.
One-Piece Toilets for Sale Online
Our shipping department has perfected a system to have your toilet shipped in the safest packaging. If you have questions about the installation, one-piece round toilet vs. elongated, etc., we have professional expertise to help, so please contact our representatives. We carry:
- American Standard
- and more!