About PEX Pipe
Here you will find PEX tubing. Click here if you are looking for PEX fittings.PEX pipe, also known as Cross-linked polyethylene pipe, is a newer type of pipe used to replace copper in plumbing applications. Perfect for use in water transportation, heating systems, and more, PEX tubing offers a high-level alternative to some of the more commonly known pipes in plumbing applications. It is a flexible, high quality, and a cost-effective solution that everyone can appreciate; and on top of all that, you can find it right here at PlumbersStock.com for the lowest prices around!
With a wide variety of cuts, lengths, brands, and more, we offer one of the best selections of PEX plumbing pipe from Viega and other great plumbing brands, all while giving you the savings you expect. Trust us, if you are looking for piping solutions, you have come to the right place.
Uses for PEX Piping
As we already mentioned, PEX water pipe is primarily used in plumbing and heating manifolds as an alternative to copper and even PVC. However, more specifically, it is used in a variety of different applications. Some of these include:
- Power Cable Insulation: PEX tubing is oftentimes used as electrical insulation for medium voltage power cables. In fact, it is the most common polymeric insulation material and is prized for its insulation properties.
- Hydronic Systems: PEX’s first use was in hydronic radiant heating systems because of its ability to efficiently circulate hot water. Now, it is widely used as a water transportation pipe in several different venues (home water pipes, and more).
- Plumbing: PEX water pipe can be used to carry pressurized water and more throughout the home and is fast becoming the most popular type of pipe for exactly this reason.
- Manifolds: Up until recently, copper was the main material used for manifolds; however, that is quickly becoming a thing of the past. With its low cost and high endurance properties, PEX tubing is the perfect product for manifolds (which simplifies plumbing runs and reduces possible leaks)
Benefits of PEX Pipe
The following is a few of the benefits gained by using PEX tubing include:
- Flexibility: PEX can be bent and turned, unlike copper, making it a very useful material for piping in the home.
- Higher Water Pressure: Because it can be bent, and because there are fewer sharp turns (as you would see with traditional copper plumbing) it can supply much higher water pressure at fixtures.
- Inexpensive: PEX pipe costs are exceedingly low, particularly when compared to the alternatives (like copper and PVC). In fact, you’ll find that PEX piping is normally priced at approximately 25% of other products (and you’ll find even lower here!)
Buy Wholesale PEX Water Pipe
At the end of the day, if you are about to begin a new plumbing project, PEX is a great product for you. Cheap, flexible, direct, and easy to install, PEX pipe is perhaps the best alternative to copper and PVC that you will find anywhere. Remember that, and remember that PlumbersStock.com offers the best PEX tubing store online! With great deals on most products and the widest variety of choices anywhere, it’s easy to see why this is the case.
Call today if you need more information about our PEX piping solutions! If you have decided PEX is not what you need, check out other plumbing pipe options.