About Swamp Cooler Pulleys
Cooler pulleys are an important part of any evaporative cooler assembly and, as such, must be replaced if any damage occurs. Fortunately, if you are experiencing any problems with cooler parts, we have a variety of different products available to help you out. No matter if you are looking for Dial fixed motor pulleys, we have what you are looking for.
Because we are a wholesale retailer, you can expect the lowest prices around! Read on for more information about the widest selection of swamp cooler pulleys online!
How to Know When Your Pulley Is Breaking
After your evaporative cooler has seen sufficient mileage, chances are its pulley will start to wear out, warp, or even break. This, of course, can cause many problems with your unit, and it must be diagnosed and fixed as soon as possible. Watch out for these signs when determining whether or not your swamp cooler pulley needs replacement:
- High-Pitched Squeaking: If your evaporative cooler is producing a squeaking noise, then there are two things that could be the issue. 1), your cooler belt is breaking, or 2) your cooler pulley is warping. Either way, something needs to be done. Check the pulley for signs of wearing out before buying a new part.
- Low Air Flow: A warped evaporative cooler pulley can cause insufficient belt tension, thus lowering the air flow from your system. This, of course, is bad for your unit and your home as a whole and should be remedied as soon as possible. Remember; low air flow can also be caused by a broken motor or by your belt not being adjusted correctly. If your pulley isn’t warped or worn, check these potential sources as well.
Replacing Your Pulley
Replacing the swamp cooler pulley system within your evaporative cooler can be easy; but, you must make sure you know what you are doing before attempting anything. Thus, here are some tips to help guide you through it. Keep these in mind when fixing your pulley:
- Turn Off and Unplug your Cooler: Don’t risk getting shocked or shorting the system! Always turn off your evaporative cooler and cut off electricity to it (by unplugging or shutting down the breaker) before attempting any repair work.
- Remove Belt and Pulley: Loosen bolts on the motor, then do the same on the pulley shaft. Once this is done, you should be able to remove the belt from the system; always inspect for fraying or splitting and replace as necessary. Remove the pulley from the shaft.
- Attach New Pulley to Shaft: Providing that the shaft is not broken as well, attach the swamp cooler pulley to the motor shaft with an Allen wrench before replacing the old (or new) belt. Ensure tension is sufficient.
Once this is all done, and the back panel is replaced, it’s time to turn on and test your system! If the problems you were experiencing are still a presence, it may be another issue. Make sure to call your local technician if this is the case.
Discount Cooler Pulleys for Evaporative Cooler Motors
If you are looking for high-quality pulleys for your evaporative cooler, you are certainly in the right place. With up to 50% off retail values, you get the best deal—and the best HVAC replacement parts—around! Just call today, or look at the rest of our stock, and you’ll see this is the case.